BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGY
What Radiologic Technology is?
Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Technology (BS RadTech) is a four year degree program which consists of didactic components during the first three years and clinical education in the last year. It is designed to train students how to operate medical imaging equipment such as X-rays, CT scanners, MRIs, sonogram machines, Cobalt 60 and other 3D medical imaging programs among other computer and web-based software programs. Students are also taught how to perform different radiological procedures for diagnosis and therapeutic procedures such as treatment for cancer patients using radiation and radiopharmaceuticals medicine. Aside from radiological services, student interns also perform associated clerical duties, including scheduling and maintaining paperwork for office and clinical machinery.
Radiologic technologists, or radiographers, produce images of internal organs and bones in the human body. Coursework in this field includes training in the equipment and different diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in radiology. Students are also introduced to issues regarding patient care, anatomy, medical terminology and regulations relevant to radiologic technology practices.
Here are some common concepts examined in radiological technology courses:
X-rays / Radiation Concept and Production
Patient Radiographic Positioning
Patient Care Management
Digital Image Analysis
Radiation Protection and Radiobiology
Diagnostic and therapeutic tests and procedures
Aspire to form Radiologic Technologist committed in the health services of man both for diagnostic and therapeutic radiography.
Shall produce Radiologic Technologist who is clinically competent in providing diagnostic and therapeutic services.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
Guided by the University mission, the Perpetualite graduates can
1. Perform all Radiological procedure imbued with perpetual values and attitudes;
2. Conduct research to generate information in the field of Radiology;
3. Demonstrate organization communication and community services for effective Radiologic Technology professionals;
4. Participate in continuing educational opportunities for invariable professional development.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OUTCOMES
At the end of the program the Radiologic Technology students should be able to:
1. Apply scientific knowledge, technical skills and the proper work attitude and Christian values necessary for the practice of Radiologic Technology.
2. Employ the standards of local and international professional ethical practice.
3. Promote the value of pursuing life-long learning.
4. Implement radiation safety and protection measures.
5. Demonstrate compassionate patient focused care.
6. Show beginning leadership, management and entrepreneurial skills.
7. Engage in academic and research activities
8. Advocate love of country and community service to the Filipino people
Why choose the UPH-DJGTMU College of Rad-Tech?
Students enrich their learning through practical experiences in a variety of clinical settings including the tertiary teaching hospital.
We boast of efficient and effective faculty whose extensive professional experiences bring life to the curriculum.
We offer a standardized curriculum delivered in a holistic approach by including “Filipino Christian Living” subjects in alignment with Perpetual Help’s philosophy of “Character Building is Nation Building”.
We boast of upgraded equipment and facilities, including our modern interdisciplinary science laboratories.
Our laboratory courses are performed in accordance with the industry standards.
Our students explore options through On-The-Job Trainings with the University’s established industry linkages.
Accreditation and Certification
LEVEL 3 – 1st Re-Accreditation, PACUCOA
ISO 9001 – 2015 Certified - Bureau of Veritas
Member – Philippine Association of Radiologic Technologist, Inc. (PART)
Member – Philippine Association of Deans and Faculty of the College of Radiologic Technology, Inc. (PADFOCORTI)
Above national passing percentage on Radiologic Technologist Licensure Examination
Consistent producing Board Top notchers
PACUCOA Awardee - First Radiologic Technology Program to have been granted Level III Reaccredited status in Region IV
Active participation in Community services
Research centered program
Top Caliber Faculty Line Up
CHED approved program for limited face to face education in Radiologic Technology program
Dean: MARIFEL O. SISON, RRT, MAHSE, MSRT, PhD
Phone: (0945) 638 0480 / (02) 8779 5310 local 3044